Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 90 - My Version of "Pie in a Can"


Whenever I am not home for dinner, Dale always asks me to buy him a Frey Bentos Pie in a Can. To me they sound like camping food (if you had an oven on your camping trip, I guess). For me, I always go for a fresh pasta and sauce! Dale doesn't seem to be keen on them although he really likes fresh pasta (albeit home made) and since I only make filled pasta about once a year, these do me very well! One more night until Dale is home and only also one more until the weekend, which I am really looking forward to, since we have been away so much lately. Maybe if we are homebodies a bit more during April and since I have school holidays I might have to get the pasta machine out. It takes time, but it's pretty sastisfying.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try and make my own pasta.. don't think I have the patience though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you have time on your side it isn't too stressful! I emphasise that you need to have plenty of time (if making filled pasta, that is) and another trick is to mix the dough in the food processor, rather than totally by hand. Cheating, but it works!

    ReplyDelete