Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 196 - The Story of Dale and the Policeman


As I knew that Dale was having lunch at Art Oven today I asked him to bring me home a Portugese Tart. Wouldn't you know it, when he walked through the door, he had no tarts! He decided that he would go back to work to get them out of the fridge, otherwise they would be there all weekend and no good by Monday. I have to say that I didn't say no to this offer and thought he should be back just in time for dinner which was already cooking. Anyway,  to cut a long story short, I did think that the trip took a little longer than expected and it turns out that Dale had been pulled over on the way to the office for not giving way at a roundabout. He did know that it was clear, but the police officer had to ask why he was in such a hurry... his answer? Dessert!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe! Men and their stomachs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually I think he told the officer that his wife really wanted the tarts :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I hope the officer let the gentleman off when he said he was getting the tarts for his wife!

    ReplyDelete