Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 280 - Appointments, Shopping and Finally Sleep


What a long day today was. Henry had an ultrasound done on his heart this morning, (which thankfully turned out to be nothing to worry about) meaning that he had to lie still for 15 - 20 minutes while it was conducted. He was supposed to be sedated for it, but this didn't work. It actually had the opposite effect and so he was basically awake all day with two power naps in the car totalling about 15 minutes. He did lie still for the ultrasound, but for the rest of the day being still was not on the radar. After the appointment we drove over to the Canberra Centre for a bit of shopping. Nudged on by Peta, (who has already bought hers) I bought my 2012 diary; yes, I have ditched the stupid mobile phone calendar and will go back to paper. I used to live via Outlook, but having a job where you rarely sit at your desk, this doesn't work so well. So I bought a cute diary in Kikki K. We had "coffee together" which involved me having a coffee and Henry wiping a vegemite sandwich all over himself. We went shopping in SupaBarn which is where I was told I could buy dried strawberries for a Rocky Road I am thinking up (with macadamias as well). Henry toured the aisles calling out from his stroller. Loudly. In a very quiet supermarket. I also picked up a couple of books for each of us at a book sale. Henry batted his eyelashes at the girls in Zu while I tried on and ordered a pair of shoes. After an aborted afternoon sleep, another shopping trip for dinner items, a bath, dinner and much loud play (which included walking around the kitchen with a big ice-cream container on his head) Henry was finally asleep by 7.30 - Phew!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice diary you have Belinda! I look forward to sampling some of this delicious sounding Rocky Road! Glad the Ultra sound went well! :-)

    ReplyDelete