Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 - Rain and More Rain



We had a lot of heavy rain here this morning and now that I think about it, I was a bit annoyed that I had to go out in it this morning with Henry. As usual I was wishing that we had a garage that had room for the car so that we didn't have to get wet. Small problem compared to what is happening with the floods in Queensland at the moment. Throughout the day, news updates, comments on Facebook and so on have continued to sadden me. For so many people to have died (including children) and for so many people to be missing is so devastating. Donating money to help people who have lost all of their material possessions will go a long way, but it is awful to know that there isn't anything that you can do to bring back someone's child or partner.

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment