Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 - Telstra Strikes Again


Apparently McDonalds have free wifi access... it might be free, but I certainly had trouble getting access earlier today when I stopped for a coffee and the hope of checking my mail and updating this blog :-) At least Dale is able to bring his work laptop home at night and we can use the mobile broadband.

A day and half now of no internet access as Bigpond takes 5 days to switch over our ADSL. The thing that frustrates me is that when the sales person came knocking on our door, we specifically asked him if the switchover would be immediate, because last time we changed ISP we were also without access for days. When I told a phone operator that today, she said that the door to door salespeople are contractors and they don't really know all the details! As far as I am concerned it's not an excuse since they are paid to represent the company.

You don't realise how many times per day you think "I'll just google that" until you have no google! I guess it was a good excuse to stop for a coffee and a caramel slice at McCafe in Tuggeranong. Surprisingly it has water views which are quite nice, so I guess I can forgive them for their shoddy wifi :)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the giggle. If you start to feel withdrawal pangs, I'm sure you can come use our wifi - really it is just so I can see your newest updates!
    Hope the slice was nice!

    ReplyDelete