Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 - Project Backyard

"I don't enjoy gardening but at least I can have some fun with it," said Dale of his 'garden bum' sculpture...
It was difficult, but I managed to drag Dale out into the garden today and I think we got a lot done. The garden is looking a lot more like someone owns it; we mowed, slashed back hedges and took a load of green waste to the tip (more to go still). A wet Canberra summer has meant our garden has gone a bit haywire. It was hard to get on top of after Henry was born and no sooner we get it looking good, it rains again and all the weeds come back, not to mention all the leaf litter from the huge gum trees. Anyway, until Dale figures out how we can live in a unit and still have space for dogs and cats, boats and motorbikes, I guess we have to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. My gardens sound a bit like yours, especially after having rain and heat while we were away for 2 weeks. Now to try and find the time to do that and school work.

    ReplyDelete